... I'm not going to lie... I hated that. These are my least favourite writers, and it appears they wanted to go out with a bang - making sure to remind me of every single reason I hate them on their way out the door.
I know I have rules around here about staying positive, but I kind of feel like I don't want to summarize this one for you. I don't think I can summarize and not lose my temper and turn this into a rant. So, even though it's the penultimate episode (though now I'm confused about that), I think I'm just going to do lists:
What I hated:
1. So... I guess one way to keep Cas' ending to open to all possible interpretations is to just not ever address it again. Okay. Fair, I suppose... but I'd have liked to at least seen a bit more grief.
2. Obvious traps - are you REALLY going to have me believe that Dean would fall for that?
3. Lucifer. I am so enraged I can't even put my rage into words. I hate this character and the hard-on these writers have for that character/actor with the fire of a thousand suns. He made sense in S5 and S7, but we should never have seen him again after that, and I want to stab someone with a rusty fork.
4. Sure, let's just confirm the stupid "new Death" canon that I absolutely hate. Sounds good. YOU CAN'T KILL DEATH YOU F**&@($%#$*^ I know I know, it's been 4 years, I have to get over it. I was okay with it last week, because it was a good episode. This was not a good episode, so I am not okay with it.
5. Let's take cosmic super powerful beings and make them sound like MRAs on the internet
6. I'd have preferred it if Michael wasn't a traitor.
7. Let's also make God decide to punch them a lot for no particular reason? I mean, I guess he's been metaphorically doing it this whole time, but do we really have to make EVERYTHING LITERAL?
8. Really, going to bring everyone back except your dad? Dean and Sam not even going to ask about that? Powerful enough to defeat God, but not powerful enough to yank someone from the Empty?
9. What the hell is this montage? Isn't there one more episode? I am confused.
What I liked:
1. My friend's and my awesome "Dave, they're all dead" jokes at the beginning, when they showed the different empty cities. (If you have not read/watched Red Dwarf, please do.)
2. The actors are talented! Talented actors! Yay! They can make the best out of drivel.
3. You know things are bad when Sam gives up and he and Dean have to switch roles about who is the optimistic one.
4. I like Dean's priorities on who to bring back when they first try to bargain with Chuck - First People, then birds, then Cas. As a bird lover, I approve.
5. Dean being turned into a dog lover is certainly also a sign of the end times.
6. I really like Jake Abel, so it was great to see him again. This kind of loops back to good thing #2.
7. I like how they made Michael, God's propaganda guy.
8. I'm glad that Lucifer was killed again.
9. I like that Jack became the new God. That's cool. Jack's a good bean.
10. I like that the Winchesters won by being smart.
11. I like that they gave Chuck and A:TLA defeat...(uh, spoilers for A:TLA, but it's been out for years and if you haven't watched it yet, that's on you.) Especially after he went and called Dean "the ultimate killer" when Cas just gave a beautiful speech last week about how Dean is made up of love and rainbows.
12. This means Eileen is saved! Yay! (But Cas isn't?! Jack isn't going to resurrect his own dad?! Je suis confused)
13. Jack is a healthier form of God.
14. I guess they're free now? Isn't there one more episode? Ich bin confused.
15. Montage song is fun?
This entry was originally posted at https://hells-half-acre.dreamwidth.org/591870.html.