Unknown 2016 (Friday) – We pick up where we left off. Mary has to Keep Calm and Carry On when she finds out that she’s been resurrected after a 33 year absence. Meanwhile, Sam has been kidnapped by some British people. We travel from where Dean found Mary (which must have been relatively close to the Bunker) to the Bunker, and then to several unknown locations. Sam is also taken to an unknown location. We spend roughly 24 hours in the episode. Dean doesn’t sleep.
- We find out that Sam was taken at 2:12am. Cas is told that he was banished roughly 3 hours away from the Bunker, but it must have been more, because the sun is well risen before he gets back.
Unknown 2016 (Possibly Friday – Sunday) – We pick up shortly after we left off. Sam’s still being tortured, Mary, Dean, and Cas are still looking for him. Cas finally finds a lead in an heavily warded farmhouse. Meanwhile, Crowley tries to send Lucifer back to the cage, just after Lucifer finds a new suitable vessel. This episode takes place over 3 days. Dean and Mary travel from the Bunker to Aldrich MO and then back again with Sam. Cas spends the whole episode in Aldrich and then we don’t know where he goes. (Momma Mia)
- Slightly weird timing in this episode. Cas calls Dean to tell him about the farm just after Mary has woken up on the second day. Aldrich is only 6 hours away from the Bunker, but when Dean and Mary are driving there, its dark... which means Mary either slept really late, or they took a really long time leaving the Bunker. They then rescue Sam on the third day. In my opinion, it would have made more sense for the episode to take place over only two days, with Mary and Dean successfully rescuing Sam the same day that Cas figured out where he was – in which case, the car scene being shot at night was a continuity mistake in production.
Unknown 2016 (Possibly Sunday – Wednesday) – There’s a good possibility that we pick up where we left off again with Mary reading John’s journal at night, but the next morning, Mary as found a hunt in St. Paul, MN, and the Winchesters make the trip. Meanwhile, Cas gets a lead on Lucifer and starts tracking him down, Crowley tagging along beside him. The boys travel from the Bunker to St. Paul and then back again, over 4 days. (The Foundry)
-We don’t know what time Mary and Cas talk in the opening scene – if it’s past midnight then this episode takes place over 3 days starting on the Monday in the wee hours of the morning.
- It’s an 8 hour trip from Lebanon, KS, to St. Paul, MN. So, conceivably, the Winchesters could have made the trip in one day, and dialogue supports this, so no extra days were added for travel time.
- Mary is up late reading John’s journal, which we saw Sam give her at the end of the previous episode – also at night – so it’s relatively safe to assume that this is the same night. Further evidence – the fact that Sam didn’t know Dean had gotten Mary newspapers to read, also suggests that we’re still following close on the heels of the previous episode, since Sam was not around the Bunker in those episodes, and therefore could not have seen Dean get or give Mary the newspapers. If we ARE following directly from the previous episode, then the final moments of this episode marks only 5 days since Mary was resurrected.
Unknown 2016 – Sam and Dean find a family living the American Nightmare when they investigate an odd stigmata death. We spend 3 days with the boys in Mason City, Iowa.
Unknown 2016 - It's The One You've Been Waiting For, when Sam and Dean investigate a case of spontaneous combustion, only for it to lead them to the Thule, and an opportunity to do something that everyone, at one pont or another, has thought of doing. The boys spend 4 days in this episode, and drive from the Bunker to Columbus, OH.
Unknown 2016 – Sam and Dean drop by to see Jody, when she gets a phone call about a friend’s death. They travel with her to the Wake, which is Celebrating the Life of Asa Fox, in Emerson, Manitoba. We spend only 2 days with the boys, driving from Sioux Falls, SD, to Emerson, Man, Canada.
- Just as Jody says, it’s at least a 5 hour trip from Sioux Falls to Emerson.
- The boys “just finished a hunt in Brookings”, SD, just north of Sioux Falls. We didn’t see this Hunt, so time has passed between episodes.
- Dean accuses Mary of only sending them a text “once a week maybe” – which means that several weeks must have passed between her leaving and now for there to be an established trend in communication.
Unknown 2016 – Team Free Will track down Lucifer, when he decides to take advantage of his current vessel, because Rock Never Dies. We spend at least 4 days with the boys, as Sam and Dean drive from the Bunker to Los Angeles.
- It’s a 20 hour drive from Lebanon KS to the Los Angeles CA.
- Cas complains that “it’s been weeks” hanging out with Crowley, which confirms that several weeks have gone by since 12x03 - Usually, people only say “it’s been weeks” if it’s been at least 3 weeks.
- Sam says that Mary “didn’t know what a cell phone was a month ago” – either Sam is exaggerating for effect, or it’s only been a month since the season opener and Mary’s return, both are possible.
Early December 2016 – Lucifer becomes “LOTUS” when he possesses the President of the United States, causing Sam and Dean to embark on a dangerous plan to exorcise him and send him back to the cage with Rowena’s help. The episode takes place over at least 4 days (but most likely more). The boys travel from an unknown location, to the Bunker, to a monastery in St. Louis, and then finally to where the President is staying outside of Indianapolis, Indiana.
- In 12.19 The Future Sam say that Kelly became pregnant “sometime in early December”, while we don’t know how long Lucifer was POTUS, if we assume that the episode shows us events chronologically, then it would be at the time of this episode.
Late January or Early February 2017 – Sam and Dean spend between 45 and 60 days in solitary confinement in Colorado, until they draw First Blood in a successful escape attempt. Meanwhile, Mary and Castiel try to deal with their absence. Castiel tries to hunt Vampires in Missouri but fails. Mary takes on several hunts, helping Alicia Banes and her brother in Louisiana, and also making a second attempt in Missouri after Cas confesses his failure there. Eventually, they meet up with the boys in Colorado. At the beginning of the episode, Mary is in Lawrence, Kansas.
-The last time we see Dean’s tally marks on the wall, they indicate that he’s been in confinement for roughly 43 days. In a scene shortly after, when Mary and Cas meet up in the bar, Cas tells Mary that it’s been “6 weeks 2 days and 10 hours” since Sam and Dean were taken. Once Sam and Dean escape, one of the men imprisoning tells us that he’s been doing it his supervisor’s way for “the last 2 months”, so either he’s rounding up, or more days have passed since Castiel spoke to Mary.
February 2017 – Lily Sunder Has Some Regrets, but not enough regrets to stop her from causing problems for one of Cas’ old flights, prompting Cas to try to help long-lost comrades, while Dean and Sam do their best to help. This episode takes place over 2 days. The team drive from the Bunker, to an unknown location, and then back to the Bunker again.
-Dated by having to take place between First Blood and Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell
-Events in Cas’ past take place in Orono, Maine, in 1901.
February 2017 – Dean gets hit with an unknown curse, and soon it’s apparent that Dean is slowly forgetting everything Regarding Dean. This episode takes place over 4 days. The boys are in Carroll County, AR, and during the episode travel to an unknown town near the Mississippi Delta, LA.
-Dated by having to take place between First Blood and Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell
~Late February to Early March 2017 – The entire family tries to take down a demon, only to discover that he’s no ordinary demon. Soon, they all end up in a nearby barn, Castiel is dying, and they’re all Stuck in The Middle (With You). This episode takes place over the course of 1 day in an unknown location.
-They’re ordering their food at the diner at 5:20pm. They infiltrate and prepare to attack the demon after 8pm and before 8:45pm. After the fight, Mary exchanges texts on her phone at 9:03pm. Sam and Dean arrive at the barn at 9:05pm. Crowley arrives at 9:07pm. Crowley tries to talk Ramiel out of attacking at 9:12pm. (Double check this before publishing)
-Dated by having to take place between First Blood and Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell
-We find out that “6 years ago” Crowley gave the Colt to Ramiel – this, by the show’s counting, would be after the events of Swan Song in S5 and before S6. (which, if you don’t skip years when counting, would actually be 8 years ago, not 6.)
~Early-Mid March 2017 - Sam and Dean stir up a Family Feud in the MacLeod’s when they’re solution for solving a ghost hunt is to send Gavin MacLeod back in time where he belongs. The boys drive from the Bunker, to Des Moines, IO, to Ohio, and then back to the Bunker again. The episode takes place over at least 5 days.
- See Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell notes for date
- Mary says that she’s still recovering from the Ramiel incident, which suggests that not much time has passed since it happened, although she’s in a different town than the boys now.
~Mid-March 2017 – Sam and Mary must survive The Raid, as well as Winchester family strife in the aftermath of Mary’s betrayal. Meanwhile, Ketch tries to woo Dean to their cause. Sam travels from the Bunker to an unknown location somewhere relatively close to Wichita, KS. Dean travels from the Bunker to Wichita, and then to Sam and Mary’s location. We spend 5 days in this episode, skipping over 3 of them, and sharing the first with the previous episode.
- Immediately following Family Feud
- see Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell notes for date
- Sam tells Mick that he ran into the Alpha Vampire “5 years ago in Hoople, North Dakota” – this is a reference to There Will Be Blood, which took place in May 2012. (In chronological time, it would have been 6 years ago in 2013, and the show would be in 2019.)
~Late March/April 2017 – Sam and Dean hunt a Hell Hound in the Sheridan County, Nebraska, which is in fact Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell. Cas, meanwhile, tries to track down Kelly Kline in Coeur D’Alene, Idaho. The boys travel from the Bunker to Sheridan Country, and back again. Over a period of at least two days.
- Gwen has gotten her acceptance letter to a veterinary college. College acceptance letters usually go out either in the last two weeks of March or in early April, according to Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_admissions_in_the_United_States)
- Sam confesses at the end of the episode that the hunts they’ve been doing for the last “two weeks” have all been BMoL assignments – which tells us that it’s been at least two weeks since The Raid.
- At the beginning of the episode, we know that Dean hasn’t changed his underwear in four days – which means that they haven’t been at the Bunker for at least that long, but probably longer, as they’ve hunted Ghouls, Wraiths, and a Siren “back to back.”
- It’s 5-6 hour drive from Lebanon, KS, to Sheridan County, NE – usually I’d add a day, but Sam and Dean’s conversation seems to suggest that they planed to leave as soon as Dean took a shower, and it could be that they got home fairly early in the morning and then drove directly to the crime scene (given that the police were still there.)
~Early April 2017 – Sam and Dean try to give Mick some hunting experience, when there’s a possible werewolf attack near a bar in Wisconsin, that I’m sure advertises that Ladies Drink Free. We spend 4 days with the boys, as they drive from BMoL HQ to Wisconsin.
~Early-Mid April 2017 – It might be a second go around for The British Invasion when the British Men of Letters starts putting pressure on Mick to step up his game. Meanwhile, Sam and Dean, with the help of Eileen Leahy, track down Kelly and Dagon at an unknown location. We spend at least five days in this episode, but most likely more.
-Two days pass between Renny’s death and Dr. Hess coming to town. Also, seemingly, between Renny’s death and Eileen leaving the Bunker, though that’s not explicitly stated.
~Mid-Late April 2017 – Sam and Dean travel to Tomahawk, WI, where The Memory Remains of a series of disappearances over the years. We spend 4 days in this episode with Sam and Dean traveling from the Bunker to Tomahawk, WI, and back again.
After April 18, 2017 – We’re not sure what The Future might bring, as Cas returns and everyone tries to track down Kelly and her Nephilim baby. We travel from the Bunker to an unknown location, and then to the unknown location of Heaven’s gate. The episode takes place over at least two days.
-When Sam say that Kelly’s baby is due May 18th, Dean says that gives them less than a month to find her.
Late April/Early May 2017 – Sam and Dean join Alicia and Max Banes in a hunt for their mother, and they discover Twigs, Twine, and Tasha Banes in Rock River, Wyoming. The episode takes place over the course of one day even with the drive from the Bunker to Rock River.
- It takes 8 hours to get from Lebanon KS to Rock River. If the Banes children called in the morning, then Sam and Dean could have made it there by the evening (which they seemed to, as it was dark by the time Sam got back with the take-away for supper with the Banes.)
Early Mary 2017 – Sam and Dean try to track down mom, while also getting suspicious at a recent spate of Hunter deaths. Meanwhile, There’s Something About Mary that is very much off. We spent at least five days in this episode.
- Sam says that Mary was working a case with Ketch “four days ago”, which is likely the last time they spoke to her in person.
- This likely takes place directly after the previous episode, as Dean would have gone directly to Mary’s last known location as soon as he became worried about her.
- Eileen dies in South Carolina, where they view the body – the drive from South Carolina back to the Bunker in Lebanon, KS, is over 18 hours, which extends the episode timing.
May 2017 – Sam takes the fight to the British Men of Letters, while Dean rescues Mary. The boys travel from the Bunker, to Sioux Falls, SD – and then Sam travels to the unknown location of the BMoL HQ while Dean travels back to the Bunker. We spent approx. 3 days in this episode, because that’s Who We Are.
- It’s only a 5 hour drive from the Bunker to Sioux Falls, so I did not add another day for travel. I DID add a day for the other hunters to arrive at Jody’s house, however. So, if you wanted to believe that those were just the hunters in the area and they got their quicker, then you can subtract a day from the count.
Mid-May 2017 – Sam, Dean, Mary, and Crowley, race to protect Cas from Lucifer, meanwhile, the Nephilim decides it’s time to be born. The boys drive from the Bunker to North Cove, WA. We spent at least two days in this episode. (All Along the Watchtower)
- I’m assuming that Kelly gives birth around when Sam predicted she would “May 18th”
- It’s nearly a 24 hour drive from Lebanon, KS, to North Cove, WA. I’m assuming the boys drove straight there, switching out drivers when they needed to rather than stopping anywhere overnight.
Mid-May 2017 – Dean and Sam cope with the aftermath of their latest battle with Lucifer, while Jack explores the world, and we find out what has been Lost and Found, in North Cove, WA. This episode takes place over two days, one of which is the same day as the previous episode.
Mid-May 2017 – Dean and Sam argue about the Rising Son, as they transport Jack back to the Bunker, getting waylaid momentarily in Wyoming. This episode takes place over two days, one of which is the same day as the previous episode.
- Jack tells us that he’s been alive for 3 days, 17 hours, and 24 minutes, on the first day of the episode.
~Mid-Late May 2017 – Dean hunts a wraith with Jody and meets Patience, while Sam stays home with Jack. Dean travels from the bunker, to Omaha, NE, to Buckhead, GA, and then back to the bunker (probably stopping in Omaha on the way to drop Jody back off.). The episode takes place over 3-4 days.
-Sam says that Jack hasn’t been out of his room since they got in – which means that it’s probably been less than a day, or just a night, rather than longer – because the kid needs to eat. So this episode must pick up, at most, only a day after the last one ended.
-Missouri dies at 9pm on the first day of the episode.
-Dean and Jody arrive in Buckhead on the second day.
-It’s a 14 hour drive between Omaha and Buckhead.
-It’s unclear whether Dean drove back to the Bunker in 14+hours straight or if he may have split up the trip home to actually get decent sleep, hence the possible 4th day on the episode count.
~Late May 2017 – We explore The Big Empty with Cas, while Sam, Dean and Jack travel to Madison Wisconsin on a case. We spend 3 days in this episode, traveling from the Bunker, to Madison, and then back again.
-Jack confronts Sam about the fight in the previous episode, which means it’s unlikely that too many days have gone past since it happened.
-It’s a 9-10 hour drive to Madison.
-Dean tells Jack “you did good today” at the end of the episode, meaning that the confrontation with Buddy happened since the last time they slept – most likely in the small hours of the morning, and then they drove home.
~Late May/Early June 2017 – Dean gets a crash course in Advanced Thanatology when he gets a little reckless on a ghost hunt with Sam and encounters Billie the Reaper. Meanwhile, Cas argues his way out of the Empty. The boys travel from the Bunker to Grand Junction, CO. We spend 3 days in the episode.
- The 9-10 drive to Grand Junction was most likely done on the same day as breakfast, seeing as how all they did when they got there was interview one witness and then check-in to a motel.
~Early June 2017 – Immediately following the previous episode, Sam, Dean and Cas, reunite with Jack at the Bunker, and then travel to Dodge City, KS, to investigate a disturbed Tombstone. The episode takes place over 3 days.
- Dodge City, KS is only a 3 hour drive from the Bunker.
~June 2017 – It’s a War of the Worlds as different factions try to hunt down Jack, only to find that the Winchesters and Castiel no longer know where he is. Meanwhile, Lucifer escapes the Alternative Universe and finds his way back with a warning. This episode takes place over approx. 4 days, though it’s hard to tell. Sam and Dean travel back and forth between the Bunker and several unknown locations.
- I’m assuming that Sam and Dean would be looking for Jack right away and so little time has passed between episodes.
(Most likely) June 2017 – We get contemporary tale of The Scorpion and the Frog when a demon asks Sam and Dean for help with a heist. We spend at least 2 days in this episode with the boys traveling from the Bunker, to an unknown location, and back again.
-Bart asks them to meet him at the “Smile Diner” but doesn’t specify a city, they’re wearing the same shirts when they get there, so I’m guessing it’s somewhere in or close to Lebanon KS and the demons just know they live around there.
-We do not know where Luther Strike lived.
Unknown 2017 – Sam and Dean end up in The Bad Place when they finally find Jack, only to discover that he’s been working with Dreamwalkers in the hopes of rescuing Mary. The episode takes place over around 3-4 days, with the Winchesters traveling from the Bunker, to Bismarck, ND, and then on to an unknown location, before ending up in a parallel universe.
- It takes roughly 10 hours to drive from Lebanon KS to Bismarck ND.
Unknown 2017 – Sam and Dean spend three days trapped in an alternate universe, while the Wayward Sisters work together to find and rescue them. Sam and Dean travel from a shipyard on Route 14 to Sioux Falls at the end of the episode. The episode covers 3-4 days.
Unknown 2017 (at least 2 weeks after the previous episode) – Donna calls Sam and Dean for help when her niece goes missing after having a Breakdown near Oshkosh, NE. Sam and Dean drive from the Bunker, to various places in Nebraska. We may spend 1-2 days in this episode.
- Dean tells Sam he’s making pancakes at 8:22 am.
- Donna calls Sam at 10am.
- It takes 4.5 hours to drive from Lebanon to Oshkosh, NE.
- Doug asked Dean if he was at the Hanscum “family reunion in Sioux Falls” “a couple of weeks ago” – this is more than likely letting the audience know the excuse Donna used to help Jody last episode.
Unknown 2017 – Dean goes for a beer and ends up meeting Various and Sundry Villains in the supermarket parking lot, leading the boys heading to Stillwater, OK. We spend 2 days with the boys hunting witches.
- It’s only about a 4-5 hour drive to Stillwater, however, a night passes between the witches stealing the book and the Winchesters retrieving it.
Unknown 2017 – When a fallen angel makes a Devil’s Bargain, Sam, Dean, and Cas are able to track Lucifer down to Monroe City, MO, and an unknown location beyond. Once Cas joins the Winchesters, we spend approx. 4 days with them.
- Cas starts the episode in Fall River, MA. He does not say how he gets to Lebanon, KS. But if he drove straight there, the journey would have taken him 25 hours.
~Mid-October, 2017 – Sam, Dean, and Cas have Good Intentions while they continue to rely on Donatello to find the spell that will open a rift to the other world. Meanwhile, Jack and Mary meet. This episode takes place over at least 1 day, but probably more. Dean and Cas travel from the Bunker to an unknown, most likely nearby, location.
-Mary tells Jack that he should be around 6 months old. Jack confirms that he is – we know that Jack was born on or around May 18th 2017, so this places this episode around Mid-October.
-The episode starts with Breakfast at 9:15 (according to the kitchen clock) but it is unclear how much time passes after that.
Unknown, 2017 – Sam and Dean try to track down blood from A Most Holy Man. They travel from the Bunker, to San Francisco, to Seattle, and home again, over the course of approx. 6 days, ~3 of which are purely travel days.
- It takes 23 hours to drive from Lebanon KS to San Francisco, and 12 hours to drive from San Francisco to Seattle, and then 26 hours to drive from Seattle to Lebanon KS.
- Cas has travelled (or is traveling) to Syria during the break between this episode and the previous one. So, some time has passed, but we don’t know how much – it could be only a day or so at the least.
Unknown – Sam and Dean have a very ScoobyNatural evening, when after encountering a suspicious cursed object, they are sucked into an episode of Scoobydoo. We spend approx. one evening in this episode. Meanwhile, Cas returns from Syria.
Unknown – While on the hunt for spell ingredients, Sam and Dean drive to a MoL Chapter House in Portsmouth, RI, and end up finding just The Thing they need. We spend approx. 4-5 days in this episode (see notes.)
- It takes 25 hours to drive from Lebanon KS to Portsmouth RI. I’m assuming that Sam and Dean broke up the journey into 2 days both ways, but even without that, the episode would cover at least 3 days.
- Sandy Porter was born in 1903 and was killed in 1925 (opening scene.)
Unknown – Dean has 24 hours to try to Bring ‘Em Back Alive, when he travels to the alternate universe in search of Mary and Jack. Meanwhile, Sam and Cas care for Gabriel. We spend 24 hours in this episode, with Dean traipsing around an unknown wooded location, and Sam and Cas staying at the Bunker.
~May 19-26, 2018 – Rowena is up to something sketchy and Sam and Dean investigate. Meanwhile, Cas travels to Heaven. We spend approximately 3 days in the episode, with Sam and Dean traveling from the Bunker to Portland, OR. (Funeralia)
-When Sam discovers what Rowena was doing in Oregon, he shows Dean and Cas an online edition of The Oregon Tribune that’s dated May 24, 2018, and talks about a woman who died “this Saturday”, which means that 5 days have passed between the opening scene of the episode and the scene in which Sam presents them with the newspaper.
-Rowena must be in the mountains with all that snow on the ground. :P
~June 7, 2018 (2 weeks after previous episode) – Sam and Dean track down Gabriel who has some Unfinished Business with the Norse pantheon. We spend approx. 2 days in the episode, beginning in Central City, CO, and ending back at the Bunker.
- Sam says they’ve been following leads on Gabriel for 2 weeks.
- Gabriel tells us that he was held captive by Asmodeus for 7 years. He narrative places his abduction before Lucifer’s fall in S5, but really 7 years previous (even excluding the jumped years) would be S6, so there’s a little bit of faulty math going on. If we include the jumped years, then 7 years ago would be S7, when Lucifer was well out of the picture, and the only major players were the Leviathan.
Unknown, 2018 – The Winchesters attempt to Beat the Devil, when they need Lucifer’s grace for a spell to open a portal to the other world. We spend 2-4 days in the episode, with the Winchesters traveling from the Bunker, to an unknown location, back to the Bunker, and then traveling in apocalypse world roughly 2 days on foot from Northern Kentucky to the Dayton OH area.
- We don’t know how long it was between the decision to track down Lucifer and success of his capture. In addition, we do not know if the path through the tunnel made the trip to Dayton quicker or the same as Dean’s estimate.
Unknown, 2018 (immediately following the previous episode) – With only 31 hours until the door home closes, the Winchesters plan an Exodus. They travel on foot and by car in the apocalypse world from somewhere near Dayton OH to Northern Kentucky.
- The final scene may be a little bit past the 31-hour mark.
~September 2018 – At first everyone is like “Let the Good Times Roll” now that the Apocalypse World denizens are safe, but unfortunately it soon all goes to crap when Michael and Lucifer cross back over. We spend approx. 3 days in this episode, with the Winchesters traveling to unknown locations and the area around the Bunker.
-When Sam is giving his synopsis of the current state of the world, he has photo of the March for our Lives on the bulletin board. The March for Our Lives took place on March 24th 2018.
- The cover of Inside America that Sam has is listed as their May 2018 issue, which at earliest would have been released in April.
-In 14x01, Sam claims that Dean has been missing for 3 weeks, in 14x02, Bobby tells us it is October. In 14x03, Sam confirms that Dean has been missing for “weeks” not months.
This entry was originally posted at https://hells-half-acre.dreamwidth.org/540394.html.